Lighthouse Christian Church
COVENANT OF FELLOWSHIP
I have, according to the Scriptures (John 1:12), been born again through the Holy Spirit, and have publicly confessed my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, in the Word of God, (Romans 10:8-10) and in Baptism (Romans 6:3-5). In response, I subscribe to the Statement of Doctrine of Lighthouse Christian Church and do now enter into covenant with other members of this church as one body in Christ (I Corinthians 12:12). I promise by the aid of my Savior (Philippians 2:13):
- 1. To live lovingly (John 13:34-35) and humbly with my brethren (I Peter 5:6); to pray for them (James 5:16); to separate myself from worldliness and unchristian practices (Titus 2:12);
- 2. To pray (James 1:5-6) for the advancement of my church in knowledge, spirituality, and fruitfulness (John 15:8,16) to uphold its program of worship, training, and teaching; to observe its ordinances (Matthew 28:19-20; I Corinthians 11:24-27) and affirm its doctrines (I Peter 3:16; Jude 3);
- 3. To give regularly and cheerfully, as God prospers, for the support of an evangelistic ministry among us (II Corinthians 9:5; I Corinthians 16:2) for the relief of the needy (Mark 14:7; Proverbs 19:17); and the spread of the Gospel over the earth (Matthew 28:19-20);
- 4. To serve faithfully in some activity of the church (James 1:22-24; 2:18); taking care to assume only such duties as can be effectively performed (I Corinthians 4:2); to improve my abilities in service by prayerful study of God's Word (II Tim. 2:15);
- 5. To maintain family worship, encourage family prayer, Bible study and Christian nurture of any under my care (Ephesians 6:4; Proverbs 22:6);
- 6. To endeavor to win souls to Christ (James 5:20) by example (Matthew 5:16) and effort (Matthew 28:19-20); and to encourage unchurched believers to attend our worship services.
- 7. To follow the New Testament as my rule of faith and practice (II Timothy 3:16-17).